Cool China: From Superpower to Global Superbrand shows the shifting attitudes, from copycat to cool, towards Chinese brands among global consumers—driven by, but not limited to, the tech sector.
This is happening at a time when Chinese brands are increasingly expanding abroad, as domestic growth slows. It is also happening against a backdrop of geopolitical tensions, including the United States-China trade war.
Cool China explores perceptions of China and Chinese brands among consumers in Indonesia, India, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States, and maps the growing interest in Chinese brands, especially in smartphones, laptops and domestic appliances, as well as emerging lifestyle sectors such as retail, fashion and entertainment.
This 69-page report includes:
- Survey data on perceptions of China and Chinese brands from five key markets
- 22 pages of original infographics from a survey of 2,500 consumers from five countries—India, Indonesia, Japan, United Kingdom and United States—by our in-house data unit SONAR™
- Interviews with researchers, experts and media influencers
- The Chinese global brand playbook
- New retail goes global
- China’s tech titans take on Western rivals
- The rise of China Cool in the lifestyle sectors