Make way for The Single Age: a paradigm shift in adulthood uncoupled.
Individualism is on the rise, bringing with it a new set of values. In an age defined less and less by traditionalism and more by self-expression, independence and authenticity, singledom is a natural evolution alongside job hopping, coliving, sexual openness, digital connection and a nomadic workforce.
The Single Age explores the shifting habits and expectations of this growing global and multi-generational cohort; the cultural groundswell reframing single people as they really are—confident, fulfilled and empowered; and the implications for brands and marketers.
The 167-page report includes:
- 35 pages of original infographics from a survey of over 3,000 respondents in the Unite States, United Kingdom and China conducted by SONAR™, Wunderman Thompson’s in-house data unit
- 10 case studies profiling diverse single lifestyles, including The Midult Single, The Luxury SINKs, and The Young Professional Single
- 18 lifestyle, cultural and marketing trends across the US and Asia, highlighting the shifting behaviors and attitudes around singlehood
- Exclusive interviews with experts in design, travel, retail and more
Topics covered include:
- Family structures. A look at the new outlets emerging to satisfy millennials’ urge to nurture before – or in place of – having children, and how successful brands are supporting them.
- Finances. Singles take pride in their financial freedom, but are brands isolating and overlooking them?
- Travel. From luxury to budget, how can travel platforms and destinations capture the zealous solo adventurer?
- Dining. With solo dining on the rise, how can restaurants and food purveyors find new ways to optimize the experience?
- Housing. Home life is evolving, and the home with it. How should brands be designing for the single lifestyle?
- Older generations. A look at the new services aimed at aging single populations.
- And more